Thursday, December 6, 2012

Treat Yourself

Life is difficult at times. No doubt about that. For this reason I believe it’s important to regularly treat yourself to something. This has long been a habit of mine. I buy something for myself every month. When younger and my funds were low, my “Monthly Personal Treat Allowance” was $5. Thank goodness for dollar stores! As my income has increased, so has my treat allowance. Every month, no matter what, I spend that money on something I want. If something costs more than what I have budgeted, I save that money until I have enough. I also make sure I buy myself a birthday and Christmas present. I am my best gift giver.

Having something to look forward to helps you cope with the daily trials of Sickle Cell. When you don’t have anything to be excited about in life, it’s easy to become depressed and negative. So treat yourself. You work hard at managing your illness and controlling your pain.  You deserve to pamper yourself from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment