Sunday, December 23, 2012

"Serenity Now" - July 31, 2006

I use to write of the sadness and anger that raged in me,
Telling of the hurt and pain explicitly.
Anguish, sorrow, torment, and tears,
Is all I knew for too many years.
Gloom, depression, despondency too,
This is all I wrote, this is all I knew.
I spoke of darkness, fire, and the raging of a beast,
All describing the torment which my soul did feast.
In so many years of recent past,
Friendships and loves all died too fast.
Again alone, little has changed,
But it’s the thoughts within that have been rearranged.
Peace serenity, and a quietness is stilled;
Contentment, love with enrichment I am filled.
Tranquility of mind and permeating joy,
Completion and satisfaction are now my employ.
The pain, the anger, yes even the hate,
No longer I feel charging at my gate.
I’m grateful for the trials that have brought this to life,
 Because gone now is the hurt, pain, confusion and the strife.

No comments:

Post a Comment