Thursday, December 6, 2012

Have Something to Look Forward To

Another tool you can use to help get through your trials is to make plans. It’s important to be excited about things in life and to have something to look forward to. This can relieve stress and raise your spirits. Regardless if it’s a summer vacation, visiting family, or going to an amusement park, have something to be excited about. Do something out of the ordinary that you enjoy.

One of my life’s desires was to go on a cruise. In 2007, I was finally able to do that. It was a four-day cruise to Mexico. It was a fun experience I enjoyed with my family. As luck would have it, while on that cruise, I won another four-day cruise for two. Planning for and going on those trips really gave me something to look forward to and be enthusiastic about for a long time. It was a much-needed distraction from the months of illness I experienced before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment