Sunday, December 23, 2012

"Chasm Filled" - August 12, 2006

The empty chasm within now is filled;
The void of space, no longer chilled.
The devouring snarling beast has been tamed,
Though my daily life is relatively the same.
The canyon whose mouth was opened so wide,
Is filled with serenity, bottom to top side.
The darkness thought near my consuming,
Is replaced with light and peace that's ever looming.
No longer is enduring to the end a sentimental joke.
The wanting of self-destruction replaced with brightness of hope.
I find within the past several years,
Authentic laughter has replaced the silent tears.
I give thanks to my Father which guides from above,
Who has sent me peace that fits snugly as a tailored glove.
Through the pain and anguish in my heart,
I feel an unprecedented joy I pray will never part.
For the first time in recollection, I thank God for my life,
Feeling freed from pretense, sarcasm and my fearsome inner strife.

No comments:

Post a Comment