Friday, December 7, 2012

Pain Relief Method #5 – Marble Technique A

These techniques are a way of distracting yourself from the pain. I use glass marbles about one inch in diameter. This is the average size of a “shooter” marble; it’s the largest marble in a set. Though you can practice this method without an actual marble, I have found that it helps to have a physical object in hand. For me, this works best while lying down, though it can be done in any circumstance. With this technique, you hold a marble in your hand. Use your breathing and relaxation exercises. Think of this marble as a source of warm healing energy that spreads throughout your entire body.

First, feel the hand that’s holding the marble become warm, relaxed, and free of pain as the healing energy radiates out of it. As your hand warms, allow the energy to slowly move up your forearm, into your upper arm, across your shoulders, up your neck and over your head. Feel it gradually move across your shoulders, down your back, chest, stomach, into your other arm and hand. Feel it flow down your legs, finally reaching your feet and toes. As the healing energy inches over each part of your body, it replaces your pain with comfort, warmth, and relaxation.

This has always been a very beneficial method for me. Depending on the type of pain I’m having, I may do the same process in reverse. Rather than having the energy from the marble move across my body, I may imagine the marble is drawing the pain out of my body. Beginning from my toes and moving upward, I will imagine the marble absorbing all my pain, similar to “The White Ball” technique. I actually have a polished blood red quarts crystal sphere about two inches in diameter that I use specifically for this technique, a picture is below. It has black mineral deposits on the surface in the shape of sickle cells. It’s pretty cool. I bought it on eBay. I’m somewhat of an eBay addict. When in crisis, I use this sphere and imagine it’s absorbing all my sickle cells. Actually seeing sickle cell-like deposits on the sphere helps the visualization process.

The ball on the left is nearly transparent. The one on the right has the sickle cell-like shapes on it, though you can't see them very clearly in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment