Friday, December 7, 2012

Pain Relief Method #6 – Marble Technique B

What’s nice about these various marble techniques is they can be used anywhere at any time. I frequently use these methods when in church or a classroom setting. I keep marbles in my day bag, car, by my bed and other locations. That way, no matter where I am when pain strikes, I have one at the ready.

Another way of using a marble is simply by rolling it in your hand. Close your eyes while holding the marble in your hand. Manipulate its motion with your thumb and fingers. Move it over and under your thumb. Roll it under and over your fingers. Rotate the marble around with your fingers. Center your attention on how the marble feels against your skin. Are there any imperfections on its surface? Pay attention to how your skin glides over the glass. Focus on how the marble falls into the grooves and ridges in your hand. Sense the smallest detail about what the marble is doing and how it feels in your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment