Saturday, December 8, 2012

Parent Involvement

Without my parent’s interest in my schooling, I would not have been able to excel in grade school the way I did. I cannot express enough the importance in having your parents or guardians actively involved in your education. A parent can go to your school and pick up make-up homework for you if you’re in the hospital or sick at home. Parents can conference with teachers and counselors to educate them about your needs inside and outside the classroom. They can talk to your principal about any problems teachers may be giving you. Parents can get things done that a student can’t.

My parents played a huge role in my academic success. They picked up make-up home work for me and counseled with teachers. I recall one year I has having problems with my P.E. teacher. This teacher was placing unrealistic demands on me, and not being at all sympathetic to my situation. My father finally had to talk with the school administrators, and they helped resolve the situation. Like I said, parents and guardians can accomplish things that students can’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment