Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sickle Cell Avascular Necrosis: My X-Ray

Today I thought I would post a photograph of my hips.

This is what healthy hip sockets and bones should look like.

This is what my hips looked like as of November 2012.
I recently showed this photo to my doctor at the pain clinic I go to. When I showed it to him, he said, "Ouch. I have to be honest, that is the worst I've ever seen." That made me so proud and feel just wonderful. NOT!

I would be curious to see what a current x-ray would show. As I wait for my four foot ulcers to heal, I can feel my hips becoming worse. Not many months ago, I had to use a cane to walk. Then I needed to use two canes. Right now, most days, I use a walker. It's kind of scary to see how quickly I'm becoming less mobile. However, I have faith. My wounds are looking better each day and I believe total healing is close at hand. I never dreamed I'd actually look forward to not one, but two hip replacements.

For those of you who read the Bible, the phrase, "And it came to pass," appears some three hundred ninety-six times. Something my dad has always says is, "The scriptures say, 'and it came to pass.' They never say, 'and it came to stay.'" As funny as that is, it's true. Few things in life "come to stay;" most things pass. I firmly believe the laundry list of difficult medical trials I've had the past two years will in time, pass. I pray you feel the same way about the difficulties your face in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment