Sunday, March 31, 2013

"The Pain Crisis Acronym" - September 7, 2010

S is for the slave I often feel to my own body.
I is for the insomnia the pain can cause.
C is for all cancelations I’ve had to make at your appearance.
K is for the invisible knives I feel stabbing my body.
L is for laziness I’m accused of having.
E is for the exhaustion I sometimes feel from your presence.

C is for the Church you make me miss.
E is for the end I know eventually will come.
L is for the length of time I have to wait between dosages of my painkillers.
L is for the longing I have for the resurrection.

P is for the pain that dulls my mind and life.
A is for the agony people discount.
I is for the irritability that I fight.
N is for the nothing I can do when you strike.

C is for the constant threat of reoccurrence that hovers overhead.
R is for your return I know will inevitably come.
I is for the inactivity you force upon me.
S is for the solitude I often feel.
I is for the ineffectiveness of the painkillers I take.
S is for the storm you are that I simply must wait out.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND YOUR POEM MADE MY HEART SMILE.
    TODAY OF ALL DAYS GOD LED ME HERE...I LISTEN WHEN HE SPEAKS SO THX AND I WANT TO SHARE YOUR POEM ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE..I TESTIFY: A SICKLECELL STORY.

    LASHAWN HUTCHINSON

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support. Please visit often. If you will help promote my blog on your facebook page, you don't mind you using my poem one bit. Thanks for asking before hand. I appreciate the courtesy.

    Jon Monk

    ReplyDelete