Friday, June 7, 2013

Sickle Cell Foot Ulcers: Nearly Healed

I am really encouraged by the state of my foot ulcers. The two newest wounds on my right foot have completely healed! The ulcers that I've had since March of 2012, they are very close to being entirely healed also; finally.

The wound that was nearly 2.8cm long as of May 1st is down to only 0.2cm. I'm hoping and praying that in a week's time, it will at last be nothing more than a memory. The second wound that what was about 2.0cm is now about 0.6cm long now. Each and every day it looks better than the last.

These two lingering wounds have been such a pain; pun intended. I know I have no cause to complain about these year long wounds. Some patients struggle with foot ulcers for ten or fifteen years! I have to say, when I read that, it both filled me dread and an appreciation for my situation.

As I've mentioned in other posts, Manuka honey has been working really well for me. I've learned that Manuka honey is a must have for treating these wounds. There are times when it slightly burns after applying the honey, but it fades after about fifteen minutes.

I am extremely grateful that an end to these lingering ulcers is at last in sight. I'm hoping--as I have many times before--that these wounds will all be healed in a month's time. I've been hoping for that for the past five months, but this time is different. This time I can see notable improvement in the wound's condition each and every day. Needless to say, that is highly encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment