Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Surviving My Latest Sickle Cell Foot Ulcers

Around the first week of March, yet another foot ulcer broke open. In a previous post I wrote about zinc sulfate and how taking it helped my wounds heal more quickly. When that wound healed, I continued taking zinc sulfate in the hopes that it would prevent new wounds from forming. Sadly, that did not happen. Though this newest wound is not healing near as rapidly my last one did, I am, however, not suffering with as much pain.

When I get a new wound, there is usually a month of sleepless nights because the pain is so bad. Thankfully, I haven't gone through that nightly torture this time. In fact, the pain has been rather minimal. So, while this wound is not healing as quickly as the last one did, the pain has been drastically lower than normal. Is this reduced pain a result of taking the zinc sulfate? I don't know; but it has me wondering.

I know I have a great many posts about my foot/leg ulcers; but there is reason behind my madness. For any readers that may be suffering through the same thing, I like to share what is and isn't working for me. It is my hope that something I write about may benefit someone else and allievate a little suffering. These wounds can be a depressing and painful complication to endure; so any tidbit of info that may help, even in the slightest degree, is a good thing.

As I frequently say: be strong my friends. Find joy where you can. Life is worth living.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment