Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Sickle Cell and Living Well

I'm stating the obvious, but the name of my blog has changed to SickleCellandLivingWell.blogspot.com. I was confronted with some trademark issues with my previous title; consequently, I changed it to the above.

Since it's been a few weeks since I last posted, what else is new in my life? Mainly, I just turned 43 years old. That's big. When I was in my twenties, I couldn't imagine being thirty, and certainly had no desire to live that long. But life has a way of changing your perspective, and when I turned thirty, I couldn't be happier. Thirteen years later, I am just as happy to still be alive as I was when I hit the thirty year mark.

Recently, I've had several different people comment to me how at peace I always seem. I find such comments interesting. Peace in life is something that was once very far away for me. I give thanks to our Heavenly Father that He has prolonged my life. I am even more grateful that I am grateful that He has prolonged my life. Additionally, I'm thankful that He has helped me replace the turmoil that once existed inside of me with a prevailing tranquility.  That's not to say I don't have times when I get angry or depressed, because everyone does. But for the most part, peace permeates my life. That prevailing peace comes in part because I work hard to maintain it.

Peace in life is such a precious gift. For me, it is one of the biggest keys to keeping myself as healthy as possible. I pray you each safely traverse the troubled waters in your life, and l land safely on the shores of personal tranquilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment