Monday, October 13, 2014

Hello Again

I realize I have been absent from my blog for some time now. I didn’t realize how long until today. Hopefully I will be more faithful at posting. Again.

My attention these past few months have solely been on finding a means of transporting my electric wheelchair. As I wrote in “I’m Back,” I had an online fundraiser that was successful and promptly purchased a Bruno Chariot to transport my wheelchair behind my car. Two months later, I began having problems. Apparently the snake oil salesmen that sold it to me, did so knowing the trailer was not rated for my car. Because it wasn’t rated for my car, the trailer broke two hitches. 


For over two months I struggled to get a refund, and finally received it in full. I then sold that car and hunted for a new means of transporting myself and my wheel chair. After much stress, prayer and investigation, I decided to buy a wheelchair van. After finding a used van in my price range, that is what I purchased. So once again, I am able to get about on my own.


It’s easy to take for granted the simple things in life. Like being able to go to the grocery store by yourself and not have to have somebody go with you so they can push you around in a wheelchair. Independence is such an important thing to have. Until you loose a measure of it, you don’t realize how much you cherish it.


Well...having not posted any articles in some time, I have had time to think about several topics I wish to write about. By not writing for almost three months, I feel as though I have let my followers down. I apologize to you for my negligence, and will do my best to be more faithful in the future.

Sincerely,
    Your friend,

          Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment