Friday, May 24, 2013

Sickle Cell - Blood Clot No More!

Two years ago a blood clot formed in my left leg. I went from the middle of my shin to the middle of my thigh. I had no idea at the time that blood clots could get so large; I'm told they can be even larger than that. When I had the clot, my leg really swelled up and it was very painful. I was put on blood thinners and had to wear a pressure sock. The sock fits very tightly against the skin and goes all the way up to the knee. When worn, it helps to open up the blood vessels, push the blood back up the leg, and prevent and/or reduce swelling.

After about six months I was taken off the blood thinners. One year ago, an ultrasound showed the clot was half the size it was. I was told the clot wouldn't get any smaller, and that I would have it for the rest of my life.

Last week another ultrasound was done, and it showed the blood clot is entirely gone! The vein where the clot was is a bit thicker than normal from scar tissue, but the clot is gone. Needless to say, I was/am very happy about that.

During that first year I did a lot of meditation exercises where I envisioned the vein in my leg where the clot was. Then I'd envision the clot inside the vein. Then I'd envision small pieces of that clot breaking off until nothing remained of it. I don't know how much a part that process played in my clot becoming removed from my vein, but...you never know. I've been amazed by, and seen some dramatic examples of, the power of meditation. I also credit God and the prayers of my friends and family. Every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment