Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Healing Energies and Sickle Cell Disease

For the past two months I have been feeling more awake, alert, physically energetic, and overall better than I have in more than three years. I feel as though a fog has been lifted from my mind and a weight lifted off my body. I want to share with you what I’ve been doing differently, so please, keep an open mind.

Though modern medicine has kept me alive for 42 years, I do believe there is value in: acupuncture, acupressure, Eastern medicine, healing energy, and other alternative medicines. Meditation, for example, is a powerful tool in my life that allows me to manage my pain and reduce my stress. About two months ago, I read the follow books:
·    
  •  “Chakras: Awaken Your Internal Energy” by Veronica Baruwal
  • “5-Minute Chi Boost – Pressure Points for Reviving Life Energy, Avoiding Pain and Healing Fast” by Sifu William Lee.

The first book talks about the seven energy points in your body called chakras. Among other things, the author details where these chakras are located and how to stimulate them through meditation. The second book is basically an eighty-page instruction manual on how to stimulate various pressure points on your body. The author describes how to slap and/or tap various pressure points, thus allowing your body’s energy (Chi) to flow properly. In both these practices, it’s believed that proper energy flow can have positive and profound affects on the mind and body.

After reading these books, I decided I had nothing to loose by trying it. So I began meditating for about fifteen minutes each morning in the manner suggested in “Chakras: Awaken Your Internal Energy.” After meditating, I took the necessary time to perform the acupressure routine described in “5-Minute Chi Boost.”

Following this routine for about two weeks, I woke up one morning feeling GREAT! After a couple days of feeling amazing, I began asking myself, “What am I doing differently?” Apparently I’m not too bright because it took me awhile to remember.

It has now been almost two months since I began the daily routine I described above. I do my best to not miss a day; and when I do skip a couple of days, I begin feeling poorly again. I have been, and continue to be, amazed at the monumental difference in how I’ve feeling by spending 15-20 minutes a day doing these simple practices. It is nice to feel like myself again. It’s nice to be energetic and have a clear mind.

I know some people will probably think what I’m experiencing is a “placebo affect” or the power of suggestion. If that’s the case, so be it. But I truly believe these simple exercises are what has made such a profound difference in how I feel.

My purpose in sharing this is to help other people open up to the possibility. If chakra meditation and acupressure stimulation has worked to improved my health, maybe it can work for you too. When you live with a chronic illness, I feel it's important to be open to other methods and remedies. After all, what harm is there is trying a new practice to see if it helps improve your health?

No comments:

Post a Comment