Saturday, December 6, 2014

Red Light Update: Sickle Cell Foot Ulcers

It's been two weeks and three days since I bought my red light. Here are some experiences since my last post.

Yesterday I had my blood drawn from my hand; the only place left to get blood. It hurt. I put the red light on the puncture point for about a minute, and the pain was gone.

Last week I cut myself pretty deeply on a piece of glass. After cleaning it, I used my red light on it. After treating it, the pain was gone. For the days following, the only pain from the cut I felt was if I pushed on it or banged it. It quickly scabbed over and healed.

In regards to my foot ulcer, my pain is still drastically reduced. When it does hurt, I use my red light and the pain is reduced by a lot, if not gone entirely.

My 72 year old mother was playing with Buster, our Lab/Shepard mix who is one year old, when his claw punctured her skin. Being the age she is, typically she'd have a lot of pain, tenderness, and the wound would take a long time to scab over. This time, however, she immediately used the red light on it. The wound promptly sealed closed and scabbed over. Using the red light on the wound twice daily, she has experienced little to no pain. A wound like this would tend to break open again and again. But as she continues to treat it with the red light, the wound is progressing towards healing at an accelerated rate. She is thrilled and amazed.

I am very grateful I found this technology. It's really helping me in a variety of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment