Saturday, February 22, 2014

Coconut Oil Helps Sickle Cell Avascular Necrosis

I have a brother who is big into natural remedies and herbal medicine. He's always trying to find things to help me. One of the many things I've tried that have actually helped is cocoonut oil.

Coconut oil can be:

  • Used in cooking in place of vegtable oil;
  • Used on the skin to help with dry skin;
  • Used instead of butter on popcorn;
  • and many other things I don't know about.
It can also be taken internally. One of the benefits is that it acts like a lubricant for the joints. So if you are having a great amount of joint pain (not Sicke Cell pain), it may help.

At the sugggestion of my brother, I began putting coconut oil in my morning oatmeal. My purpose in taking it was to help relieve some of the horrendous hip pain I'm always experiencing. Chuck, my brother, told me it would take about two weeks before I noticed a difference.

The avacular necrosis in my hips has put me in a wheelchair. Getting into and out of bed is very difficult. Two weeks after I began taking coconut oil, I noticed a HUGE difference. I was able to get in and out of bed more easily and the pain I daily felt from my hips was greatly reduced. Needless to say, I don't let a day go by without putting a tablespoon full of coconut oil in my oatmeal. My hips causes a lot of discomfort. Coconut oil certainly hasn't removed all of my hip pain, but it has significantly reduced it.

I know there are many Sickle Cell Warriors out there who suffer from avascular necrosis. Maybe coconut oil can help some of you as well.

Stay strong my fellow Warriors. Keep the faith. Stay close to God. Drink plenty of water. Eat well. Sleep well. Stay away from recreational drugs and alcohol. Avoid stress. Choose to be happy.

Until next time my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment